8.26.2010

Warm Welcome

We've only been here for a few days, but people seem to be very friendly.  We've met the neighbors on either side of us, and they're both named Steve, which is oh so convenient for us.  Everyone we've bought furniture from has been friendly as well, but that's probably because we were giving them money.  But today we met the friendliest person of all.  We were at a stop light and the lady next to us was staring at us so I smiled.  Then she rolled down her window so I rolled down mine.  She said to Bryan, "You look just like Barack Obama.  Do people tell you that all the time?"  We told her we had never heard that before.  Luckily the light turned green and we went our separate directions so the lady didn't see me laughing hysterically at her.  So many questions-  Has she ever seen Barack Obama?  Does she know that he's black?  Is she completely off her rocker?  Not sure, but she did give us a good laugh today.


What do you think?

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Well, I never would have come up with it on my own, but now that you mention it... I guess I can see the resemblance (if you look over the fact that Bryan is of course not black).

Emily said...

Ha ha ha- oh my goodness that is hilarious! Your pose was all about friendly people you've met so I was waiting to hear you say you met the President! Looks like you'll have to settle living with his twin ;)

We miss you! Glad you're having a good time in your new home!

kali said...

haha!
ya, I can kinda see it, if Bryan were black... maybe the tinted windows helped with that.