10.04.2011

Chaos

We are officially moved in and thus officially living in chaos.  Every time I reach into the top drawer for a spoon, I come up empty handed and then remember that silverware is now in the second drawer.  I'm quite positive that I have a black and white polka dot skirt but it has yet to show up in all my unpacking.  Our bed is constantly covered with nicknacks that need to find a home.  Each night we throw everything on the floor and hope that it will magically be gone by morning (it never is.)  Jilly loves the stairs in our new house, she could go up and down them all day long.  But, she is somehow under the impression that we don't sleep in this house.  It's been quite a struggle.

Last year when we moved I blogged about my moving survival mechanisms.  Yet again, magic erasers saved the day.  I seriously love those things.  Also, this post from my friend Kara came right at the perfect time.  I just filled an old spray bottle with water then added about a quarter cup of vinegar.  I love this because A. it's cheap, B. it works on almost everything, C. it makes my house smell like salt and vinegar chips.  Lastly, I didn't have Kate, Jack, and Sawyer to keep me company this year but I did have Dr. McDreamy and he fills the void very well.

This weekend we were able to enjoy peace amidst the chaos in General Conference.  On Saturday we listened while we painted our house then on Sunday we watched while eating delicious smoothies and cinnamon rolls.  I loved this sweet talk by Sister Elaine Dalton and of course this one by President Uchtdorf from the Relief Society meeting.

1 comments:

{amy k.} said...

glad you guys are moved in safely...finding a home for all the decor seems like an ongoing process! i just started watching dr. mcdreamy, i might be slightly obsessed now!