10.14.2011

Stripes!

One of the very best things about owning our own place is being able to paint.  Bryan and his dad painted our whole downstairs a couple weekends ago and consequently are now my heroes.  But we had a big blank wall in our eating area that was begging for some excitement.  And so I added stripes.

I had never painted before so I pretty much had no clue what I was doing.  I tried to tape straight lines and they turned out not straight at all.  But, Bryan saved me and taped the most beautiful lines I've ever seen.  I then used the technique for painting perfect stripes in this blog post.  Bless the internet.  My stripes turned out perfectly and I am giddy about them.

I was so excited about my stripes that I neglected to clean up my painting supplies or iron my Halloween table runner.  You win some, you lose some.

She thinks they're pretty great too
Failed attempt at a picture of her teeth, but you gotta love that face and her Asian happy eyes

4 comments:

whitney johnson said...

your little girl is such a doll, and i really love those stripes! :)

Lisa said...

The stripes look awesome! Can't wait to see them in person!

Suzie Soda said...

Cute wall...cute baby. You did a great job on both. xoxo

Kathryn Story said...

i love the stripes!! looks so good :)