4.22.2010

fashionista

Getting dressed this morning was somewhat of a struggle.  It was one of those awkward days when I was dying to wear Spring clothes yet it was freezing outside.  Add to that predicament the fact that we are way past laundry day and yet haven't found time/energy to do it all.  So I gave up and pulled on an old classic- red pants I got in the tenth grade and a thick black cardigan I also wore regularly in the tenth grade.  I was definitely sending a white flag to my closet- "Fine, I'll wear that outfit I've worn a million times for about a million years and look like the loser that I really am."

I arrived at school feeling a little self-conscious that I looked like a flashback of my fifteen-year-old self (not a good thing) but I soon ran into my gorgeous friend who complimented my outfit!  Minutes later I ran into another gorgeous friend (let me tell you, teachers are hotties) who again complimented my outfit.  Well, my day pretty much rocked after that, and I'm now going to bust out all my clothes from tenth grade to see if they have the same effect.

 This (unfortunately) is not from 10th grade, but here is my fabulous outfit at Thanksgiving my freshman year of college. Don't worry, I wore better shoes with it this time :)

6 comments:

Strong Clan said...

What is even cooler is that you FIT into your outfits from 10th grade!

Lisa said...

So great! I love those pants! I totally knew what you were talking about, but that's because we were roommates for three years and basically memorized your whole closet. You're just lucky we're not even close to the same size or i would have borrowed everything you own!

Jana said...

hahaha. story of my life :)

Suzie Soda said...

I think you look adorable..just like you did in 10th grade. I love my picture of you, Linds and Kelsy on my fridge in your red shirts. You are all so beautiful and young :) I say bust it all out of the closet. xoxox

Jenna said...

haha, you're too funny Rachel! And don't worry, you always looks so good no matter what!

Kirsten Krason said...

you have great style sense. I just wore a skirt yesterday at church that was from High School!