1.05.2010

Top Five

Last night when I posted my books of 2009 I couldn't decide on my favorites, but after much deliberation here are my top 5 books of '09.

1. The Hunger Games/ Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins: I absolutely love this series, and can't wait for the third to come out!
2. March by Geraldine Brooks: this was recommended to me by a wonderful lady I work with and it didn't disappoint. It's the story of Little Women told from Mr. March's perspective.
3. A Painted House by John Grisham: We listened to this book on a long journey to and from California this summer. Bryan thought it was a little slow, but I loved it.
4. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows: My mom gave me this cute book which combined some of my very favorite things to read about- England, books, and WWII
5. Savvy
by Ingrid Law: I decided to read this book after reading Janssen's review. I got it on CD and found myself searching for reasons to be in the car so I could listen to this fun book.

2 comments:

kali said...

thanks, it's always fun to get good book recommendations. I've been stuck on ONE book for about a year! I think it's time to let it go and start anew...

Janssen said...

Wasn't Savvy delightful? What a terrific book.