1.04.2010

Good Reads

Last year I decided to start reading more. In elementary and middle school I would spend every night curled up in bed with a great book. As I got older and life got busier, this precious time seemed to disappear. I'm pretty sure that I can count the number of books I read my last year of college on one hand- depressing. Once I started teaching I read a lot more, but it was all kids books, which, don't get me wrong, are fabulous, but I wanted to broaden my horizons. I am inspired by Janssen, and am extremely jealous of her speed-reading ability. My list is a mere 33 books this year, but I hope it will grow every year. Here are my books of 2009:

Chasing Vermeer
The Twits
Munich Signature
Cheaper by the Dozen
The London Eye Mystery
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
My Brother Sam is Dead
The Wedding
Where the Red Fern Grows
Swapping Lives
The Graveyard Book
Savvy
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
The Lovely Bones
The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands
March
Angels and Demons
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
A Painted House
When Times are Tough
Ten Cents a Dance
The Watsons go to Birmingham, 1963
The Hunger Games
True Believer
The Five Love Languages
The Time-Travelers Wife
Memoirs of a Geisha
Pygmalion
Things I Want My Daughter to Know
Catching Fire
The Brothers
The Angel, The Shepherd, and Walter the Christmas Miracle Dog
Where Angels Fall

2 comments:

Heather Payne said...

Wow! You've been busy. You'll have to post your top 3 and bottom 3 or something. I'm always looking for good reads. Happy New Year

Janssen said...

Excellent books! I'd be interested in your top three or five or however many also!