1.06.2010

There's No Place Like Home

As I unpacked on Monday I enjoyed the sweet scent of home that stuck to my clothes. I'm pretty sure that the fresh scent comes from laundry detergent that isn't the absolute cheapest available. But, it made me think of how lucky I am to have a home and a family that I love so much. It also reminded me how lucky I am to have a home here in Provo (even if it is tiny, cramped, old, and has really ugly carpeting) to come back to. I love being in Virginia with my family, but it's so exciting to come back to my little home and my little life. Sometimes I feel like I'm still playing house, even though I've been living on my own for 5 years! I'm grateful for all my homes- beautiful Virginia that will always be home, quirky Provo that has changed my life in so many ways, and whatever home we move on to next.

In the spirit of home, here are a few more of my favorite pictures from our trip. . . I keep looking at them imagining myself feeling stress-free and relaxed.

{elephant towels Jenn made to welcome us to her room}


{Stony Point Christmas Tree}

{Agecroft Hall- a house built in the 15th Century in England then
taken apart and brought to Virginia in the 1920s}

{Ty the Speed Skater- look for him in Sochi in 2014}

{my birthday "R" Pancake}

{my wonderful parents excited for a Christmas Eve grocery store run}

1 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

Oh I love Virginia.