2.18.2009

Love is more

Front Cover

As previously mentioned, I read The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks this weekend. I was just walking through the workroom at school when another teacher said, "Rachel, do you want to read a good book?" My policy is to always answer this question in the affirmative, I never know when I'll find a treasure.

I was a little surprised when she handed me a Nicholas Sparks book. First off, she's not really the type of person I would expect to cuddle up with a sappy romance. Second, I've read lots of his books and thought they were pretty good, but nothing I would circulate around the workroom. But, I thought it was an appropriate weekend to fall in love.

So, I took the book and enjoyed every minute of it. I laughed, I cried (a lot), it made me want to be a better wife and person in general. My favorite part was when he said,


"But love, I've come to understand, is more than three words mumbled before bedtime. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day."

So true.

Love is Bryan making a fabulous dinner 2 nights in a row.
Love is my mom listening to me ramble every morning about the little things going in my life.
Love is my sister never saying no when I ask to borrow her cute gray dress.
Love is Tiffany sending me a cute text, just to check on me.
Love is one of my kids proclaiming, "You're the coolest Mrs. Martinez!"
Love is a friend sharing a book that she really enjoyed.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Your blog is so happy. I like reading it. :)

kali said...

Aaaaah! Thanks for brightening my day!

Strong Clan said...

I would do it all over again, I love making you happy Rachel. Love you tons! You are the greatest Mrs. Martinez!