6.09.2008

Four short years ago...


On June 9, 2004 I graduated from Godwin High School. Chad's graduation over the weekend has left me feeling very nostalgic, so bear with me as I take a trek down memory lane. I can't believe all the things that have happened to me since then, I almost feel like a completely different person.

Since 2004 I have met some of my best friends. I can't imagine what my life would be without my roommates, my el ed girls, my friends from London, my neighbors, my professors, and so many others. Most importantly, I have met my very best friend, and I am so lucky to now be his wife. All of these people have taught me, inspired me, and helped me to become who I am today.

In the past four years I have lived on my own. I have been through some of my hardest times (especially hard because I was so far from home!), and some of the most fun, most inspiring, and happiest times. I've learned so much from BYU, from other people, and just from life. I have been lucky enough to visit so many neat places- London, northern England, Scotland, Paris, Las Vegas, Idaho (very exotic...), all over Utah, California (I can't believe I had never been there before coming to school!), NYC, Philadelphia, and probably more that I can't remember. I have grown spiritually as I learned more about the gospel of Jesus Christ, and have been able to go to the temple. In June of 2004 I couldn't run a quarter of a mile without stopping to take a break (I can't believe I just admitted that.) I'm definitely not the best runner, but I do have 2 t-shirts that prove I can run a 5k.

I have graduated from college, and spent a year teaching elementary school. I still can't believe that I'm done with school and that I'm really teaching. I also can't believe that I've been married for almost a year. I have a new name, and a new family to add to the wonderful family I already had!

So much has happened in the past 4 years, and I'm so grateful for these experiences. Thanks to all of you for the impact you have made on my life. Could life get any better? I would say definitely not.


ps- details and pictures from our California vacation to come

3 comments:

Janssen said...

How sweet. Life is good.

Suzie Soda said...

It is hard to believe you girls are all so grown-up.
And you turned out so good. xoxoxoxo

{amy k.} said...

wow Rach- thanks for sharing the insight and memories. Love you!