6.23.2008

blonde moment

I'm a fairly organized person. I'm really good at remembering dates- I write everything down in my planner, and on our calendar on the wall for a backup. I have files to save every little paper I might ever need. My closet is organized by color. But, sometimes I do falter and make a dumb mistake. Like today.
I have Core Academy this week which means I listen to great presentations on how to teach the fourth grade core, get free breakfast, lunch, and all the snacks I want, and get lots of cool stuff for my classroom. Today I left Core Academy feeling pretty great about life, ready to try out my new stuff and start planning some killer lessons. I decided to stop at the grocery store on the way home and that's when tragedy occurred. I turned off the car, locked the doors, got out of the car, then realized that I had left my keys in the ignition! Don't ask me how I managed to make such a massive, dumb mistake. UGH!!!! Luckily the grocery store is only about 5 blocks from home so I was able to walk, and luckily the office was open so I could get a key to our apartment. So here I am, sitting at home, waiting for Bryan to get home in an hour so we can go pick up the car. And, I'm really missing my new Water Cycle Boogie CD that I was going to come home and enjoy...

4 comments:

Lindsay Marie said...

I did that the other day... except my grocery store is definitely NOT with in walking distance. And to top it off Regan was down in the bottom of the library where he does not get cell phone service. I ended up calling my dad and had him send Regan an email to come an save me. I really felt so dumb... but I figured I got points for being resourceful, if nothing else. Haha, at least I remembered to turn the car off :)

Hey, what dates are you going to be in Richmond? I am here until July 19, I think.

ps- I'm impressed by your organization... you should do a post about it. I'm always looking for new ideas.

Suzie Soda said...

Well I locked my keys in my car at Walmart 2 weeks go while talking to Lindsay on my cell phone. I was down on the ground looking in my grate in the front for my spare magnetic key. Some lady thought I had fallen..she ran around the car to help me.....I told her what I was doing...she found it in my rear wheel thing. Greg was almost in the car to come get me, when I caught him with the good news. Now I know exactly where my hide a key is...and so does probably every car their in Richmond. I am gald to hear you young girls have problems too..I thought it was a senior, senior moment. I hadn't done it for years. xoxox

Suzie Soda said...

Well I locked my keys in my car at Walmart 2 weeks go while talking to Lindsay on my cell phone. I was down on the ground looking in my grate in the front for my spare magnetic key. Some lady thought I had fallen..she ran around the car to help me.....I told her what I was doing...she found it in my rear wheel thing. Greg was almost in the car to come get me, when I caught him with the good news. Now I know exactly where my hide a key is...and so does probably every car their in Richmond. I am gald to hear you young girls have problems too..I thought it was a senior, senior moment. I hadn't done it for years. xoxox

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh. I'm so tired! I read Water Cycle Boogie and googled it to find out if it was some hip new band. Rachel, my whole life is a blonde moment. This is why we are friends. I hope the core academy went well! I miss you so much! p.s. I'm going white water rafting tomorrow. If I fall out of the raft and die, you can have all my jewelery. And thank you cards. And anything else you want. LOVE YOU!