9.05.2012

Football Cookies

Last week our friends invited us over to have dinner and watch the BYU football game.  I said that I would bring dessert, remembering this pin that I never got around to making last year.  When I looked back at the pin it involved a little more work than I was willing to put forth.  So I modified and made my own football cookies.

Cookies-
1 box of chocolate cake mix (chocolate fudge is my favorite)
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil

Mix all ingredients together.  The dough is pretty sticky so I sprayed my hands with Pam before I shaped the cookies.  Roll the dough into small football-ish shapes.  Cook at 350 for 10 minutes.


They'll look like this when done- not perfect football shapes but good enough for me.

Frosting-
8 oz cream cheese
1 lb powdered sugar
1 tsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
8 tbl softened butter

Mix ingredients until creamy.  Assemble cookie sandwiches with frosting in the middle.  Put extra frosting in a baggie and cut the tip off to make the stitches (obviously, mine are very imperfect.)  Cheer on the Cougars!

0 comments: