9.20.2012

A Sewing Table

When we moved into our house I was so excited to use our extra room as a craft room (along with a variety of other uses.)  We found this table on Craigslist in the spring.  It was nothing great- lots of scratches, stains, and dings, but it was only $20.  
A few weeks later Ace Hardware was having a free paint day so I picked up a can of coral paint (named fruity orange.)  Then my can of paint and my table sat around waiting for months and months and months for me to get my act together.  I dreaded having to sand the whole table, and it was constantly covered with projects.  But now that it's finally done I'm kicking myself for not getting to it earlier because it makes my room so happy!
 I also got an unfinished wooden chair from Ikea and painted it white, and made this placemat from extra curtain fabric so my sewing machine can slide around easily without messing up the table.  Jilly is modeling a cute little porcelain bowl one of my students got for me in China.  It's the perfect place for spare pins.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

So cute! I love it!!

Unknown said...

Awesome job! Love the color!

Erick and Megan said...

That turned out darling! I love that color! I LOVE coral!