2.16.2012

Keep Calm

A local channel here plays Music and the Spoken Word on Sunday nights.  Every once in a while we catch it, and last Sunday the message was my favorite I've ever heard.  I may be the last person in the world to know this, but I didn't realize that the Keep Calm and Carry On posters were from WWII.  They were printed by the British government to encourage citizens as the Nazis threatened to invade.  A few years ago someone found an old poster in a bookstore and the classic message quickly caught on.  I always loved these posters, but now I really love them knowing their history.  You can read the full message here.  


1 comments:

The Daytons said...

You are not the last person to know that, I didn't know until you just told me:) Thanks for sharing, I had always wondered how the quote had caught on and where it had come from. So glad I know the history about it now, thanks for sharing!