2.06.2012

Jilly Update

The other day I looked back at all of the monthly updates I had posted about Jilly.  While I do not at all miss the 'oh my gosh, it's the 13th, I must put my baby through the torture of sitting still for 15 minutes while I take pictures!!' I do miss the little updates.  So, here is what Miss Jilly is up to these days.

Remember how she was bald for so long?  Now she has a nice healthy mullet and I am in love with these little curls

She loves books, but usually only has the patience for about half the book

Her very favorite thing is to play with friends.  Kylie and Jilly had a blast cooking together in the kitchen.

She is big into utensils these days.  This is how I eat my cereal now- one spoon for my messy haired baby and one spoon for me.  Unfortunately she sometimes takes the wrong spoon!

She is also big into different textures.  I'll give her a measuring cup and a bowl of noodles, rice, beans, or quinoa and she'll play quietly for a half hour.  Unfortunately this also makes an enormous mess, but it's so worth it.

Last week 3 of her top teeth came in and she had a nasty cold that left her very congested.  She was in so much pain and would spend much of the night crying.  There was little I could do to comfort her, but the one thing that almost always calmed her down was Sesame Street, more specifically the intro song to Sesame Street.  So we listened to "Sunny day sweepin' the clouds away" over and over and over again.

The other thing she loves these days is hide and seek. Bryan will hide somewhere and whistle until she finds him.  Or, he'll put a blanket over himself and she'll excitedly uncover him.  She even has started playing with me.  Sometimes she'll go into a room without me and when I come in she will come out of her hiding place with a big smile on her face.

We have so much fun with our (mostly) happy little girl!

2 comments:

Janssen said...

Isn't it delightful to see them grow up?

Also, your house is darling.

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

Oh what a cutie! I love it. You inspire me, half the time I don't do things because I think it will be such a mess....I need to just forget about the mess and let her PLAY!! Sorry to hear about the teething- we know what that's like....