7.24.2009

New Addition to the Family

Because of an unfortunate circumstance occurring in the past couple weeks (me wrecking the Pathfinder) it was time for us to add a new car to our family.


I'm excited about our new 4Runner, but it didn't come without plenty of drama. We set our budget and started looking. Correction- Bryan started looking. I was extremely unhelpful in this department because I'm just not a car person. Thank goodness for husbands. Earlier this week we found one that we loved. It was in such good condition, had all the extra features, and was just overall wonderful. But, it was just a little bit over our budget. We tried to talk the dealer down, but he wouldn't budge, so we had to walk out of there. I was very sad, but felt good that we had stuck to our guns. Then we found another car that was also over our budget, but just by a tiny bit. We were going to get it anyway but then at the last minute the guy got another offer and sold it. Again, we were sad, but grateful that we hadn't gone over our budget. On Thursday Bryan found a car (this car) that was within our budget so we went to check it out. Even thought it's not in perfect condition like the other cars we looked at, it is a great car and I am so grateful that we could find one within our budget. As much as I loved the other two cars, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy them as much because I would have felt so guilty about spending more money than we should have. Lesson learned: budgets sometimes stink, but are so worth it in the end.

We are now the owners of what I lovingly call "The Monster." It's big and scary, and especially looks menacing with that ugly rack thing on the front (Bryan promised to remove it for me ASAP.) But I know I will be loving this baby when there's 3 feet of snow on the ground and I have to get to work. And, I know Bryan already does love it because every once in a while he'll peek at it out in our parking lot then get a huge grin on his face and say, "That's our car."

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I think Shaniqua (Bryan's car) has a new boyfriend . . .

Suzie Soda said...

Good for you.....sticking to your budget is always a good thing.:)

{amy k.} said...

Welcome to the 4Runner family! You're gonna love it!