12.09.2008

A Eulogy

My dear iBook G4 reached its ultimate demise today. At approximately 3:45 pm it stopped breathing. We are waiting for the autopsy results, but it looks like the cause of death was old age.

My iBook was originally a gift from the kind-hearted Provo School District. It was an experienced computer that had lived through at least 15 other teachers before me. There was a crack in the plastic, the letters on the A,S,D,F,J,K,T,and C keys were missing, and it took at least 10 minutes to do anything. But, it had created many a quiz and worksheet. It was faithful at visiting the Powerschool website as well as the Canyon Crest calendar. How I will miss my little friend.

The first scare with my iBook occurred early this Spring when it crashed for the first time. My hero Mr. Swallow was able to resuscitate my iBook and even save all of my data. The good doctor is working hard this time, but the prognosis doesn't look good. I just don't know if little iBook can pull through this time.

At this point we are hoping for a Christmas Miracle- a brand spanking new MacBook (note the upgrade) and the ability to transfer all of my information (including tons of irreplaceable photos from the past 6 months.)

ps- Sorry about the random boxes in my last post. I really tried, but I couldn't figure out how to get rid of them. Obviously I'm not an electronics expert.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

:( !!!!

Strong Clan said...

I am so so sorry! Please let me know if you need to use my computer.
I love you!