11.14.2008

Immunity

I am very proud to say that I am immune to the flu for the next 12 months.

Today I summoned up my courage to get a flu shot. The District Office was giving them for free and I figured if anyone is at risk to get sick, it's me. Most people wouldn't think this was a big deal, but I haven't had very much luck in the arm/blood/needle department lately (bad blood donating experience.) I even called my mom on the way over for some support, here's our conversation:

"Mom, I'm on my way to my flu shot. I'm nervous. Does it hurt?"

"Oh, don't be such a baby. It's nothing."

That conversation ended quickly.

So here I am one hour later in recovery. The only true tragedy of this experience is the small hole in my sweater from pulling it over my bulky muscles. But, Bryan doesn't need to know that. We're going to start a new family tradition where any time someone gets a shot they become "Queen of the Day." This entitles not having to make dinner, going out for ice cream, watching a movie of her choice, getting a massage (because shots make your whole body hurt,) and anything else the Queen desires. I think it's going to go pretty well.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

lol x 2 (Bryan and I both)

kali said...

Ooooh! I LIKE this idea!
:)

Lindsay Marie said...

i got a flu shot a few weeks ago and it made my arm hurt for hours and I felt kind of sick from it! you definitely deserve to be queen for the day.

Kirsten Krason said...

Wish I had a flu shot. Josh and I went to Jamba Juice and got immunity boosts so we are calling it good. :)

Janssen said...

I think I'll be queen for the day too, even though I got my flu shot two weeks ago.