2.19.2008

p.s. I love you


My sweet husband came home yesterday with tickets to see this movie. He must really love me because this is a movie he would never choose on his own. Anyway, it was a tear-jerker for sure. Bryan made fun of me because I cried the entire time, then didn't stop crying for another half hour after the movie was over! I'm not saying it was the best movie, because there are some parts that I would eliminate, but I just loved the message.

The whole movie was about living and appreciating your life. I tend to take so many things for granted; I don't stop enough to think about the joys in my life. And, everything I have in this life is such a gift. So, just in case I haven't said "I love you" enough yet, here are some of my greatest loves:

1. Bryan- I could never have asked for such a wonderful husband. He puts up with a lot from me, and never stops smiling while doing so. He always makes me happy and his constant selflessness amazes me.
2. Family- Ever since Day 1, I have been surrounded by the most amazing people. My parents mean the world to me and have always been there for me. To this day, I talk to my mom every morning on my way to work. Those 15 minutes brighten my entire day. My dad is just as amazing- so strong and always there for me. My sweet little sisters are angels and my brother is our little Prince Charming. They all make me laugh so hard constantly.
3. More Family- 7 months ago I got a new family (well...I feel like they've been family for longer than that, but it's been official since July.) I love my in-laws so much and feel so lucky to be part of their family now. Bryan's parents treat me like their own daughter, and they spoil me way too much! Bryan's brothers are so much fun; they're making up for all those years that I didn't have a brother to tease me for being so girly. And, I have the most amazing sister-in-law who is so sweet and kind.
4. Amigas: I have been blessed with the most wonderful friends throughout my life. Each one has touched my life in a special way. I hope that I have said thank you enough, because you have helped me through so many high and low times.
5. The gospel of Jesus Christ- I cannot even describe how much peace and joy my testimony has brought to me. I know that I have a Savior, an elder brother, who loves me and sacrificed everything for me.
6. My job- Even though chasing after 21 10-year-olds isn't the most glamorous of occupations, I have my dream job! Ever since I was in second grade I knew I wanted to be a teacher and now I'm living the dream. I'm so grateful for every day that I get to spend with these little cuties- they teach me so much and bring me so much joy.
7. Health- It truly is a blessing that I can wake up every morning and get out of bed to accomplish everything I need to do that day.

This list barely touches all that I am thankful for, but it holds some of the things that I treasure most.

p.s. I love you

5 comments:

Judi said...

Cute post rach...I will have to make sure to see that movie :)

Lindsay Marie said...

How crazy, I had a girls night out last night and that is what we went to see! I have to say though that I read the book right before and it was SOOO much better. You should totally read it... a tear jerker for sure. All week I keep talking to Regan about if he dies, or if I die, etc. Haha, the whole time through the book and movie I just kept thinking, "I wish she new about the plan of salvation!" Because i'm cooky like that... but honestly it would have been just too sad with out it.

Anyway, glad to see we are on the same wavelength. Wish you all the best! Love, Linds

{amy k.} said...

Sherrie and I went to see that movie together and cried the whole way through! It definitely makes you think of all you love and treasure and too not take any of it for granted. I love you to Rach and I'm so happy we're sisters!!!

Kirsten Krason said...

I haven't seen the movie yet but I read the book and cried through the whole thing. It was so good. I gotta see the movie!

Janssen said...

I just found your blog and I'm totally thrilled! I'm excited to know what you guys are up to! This is a great post - I need to see this movie!