6.27.2016

Graduation + Beach Weekend

A couple weekends ago we went down to Richmond for Bethany's graduation.  We left Thursday morning and picked up Katie and Joe on the way down so Bryan and Neal could ride together after work.  We had a party car for sure.  Katie was a champ taking care of all the kids while I drove.  That night was graduation, hooray for another GHS grad in the family!  



On the way home a huge storm suddenly arrived.  It was super windy and raining so hard; we saw a tree fall down and nearly hit the car in front of us.  It blocked our way so we had to detour through another neighborhood to get home.  I called the babysitter who was home with my girls and she said the power was out, but the girls were peacefully asleep.  Once we made it home we spent the rest of the night talking and eating treats by candlelight.  Luckily my parents are amazingly prepared and we hardly missed a beat.  Their power didn't come back on until Sunday night but we all left for Virginia Beach on Friday afternoon.



^ the hotel front desk had a basket of lollipops and Mattie never passed by without grabbing one.  

^ Our first day was a bit chilly, Mattie was happy to snuggle with Grandma Rice

^ Jilly and Papa braving the ocean

^ At the beach I always make sure the girls get naps so they can stay up later than usual.  One night we went swimming after dinner and didn't leave the pool til 10pm!  

^ Joey was too cute in his sunglasses.  He's the first baby I've ever seen who never tried to pull his sunnies off.


^ The beach builders- they made an awesome Elsa's Palace then a little kid came and stomped on it!  So superdad Bryan consoled the girls by making Rapunzel's Tower complete with seaweed hair.  I can't believe I didn't take pictures of either finished creation.


^ It's so fun to go to the beach with Grandma and Grandpa Rice.  Some of my best childhood memories are at the beach with all the Rice family and I'm so glad my girls will have these memories too.


^ Both girls zonked out with a bag of chips in their hands just seconds after we started the drive home.  Sign of  a great weekend.

0 comments: