7.04.2010

Party in the U.S.A.

We've had an excellent 4th of July weekend.  I was a little apprehensive at first because it was my first time not being home in Virginia for the 4th.  But, let me tell you, Provo knows how to celebrate Independence Day.

Saturday morning we went to the Ballon Festival with the Paulsens.  It required waking up at 5:30 but was so worth it.  It was neat to see all the balloons get filled up.  Unfortunately it was pretty windy so not many balloons were able to fly but that's okay.  Afterward we went to Macey's for a FREE french toast breakfast.  It doesn't get much better than that.

Posted by Picasa

Saturday night we sat outside the stadium and heard Carrie Underwood's concert perfectly (and could even peek through the fence and see her on the screen!)  I was pretty happy we didn't fork out the big bucks to actually be inside because we had almost the same experience and were so much more comfortable.  I will take lying on a blanket eating rice krispie treats over sitting in cramped bleachers any day- especially now that my back has noticed the extra weight it is carrying and has started protesting.  The fireworks were amazing and it felt like they were exploding right on top of us.  

Tonight we had a barbeque with some friends in our ward.  We had a great time eating and playing with Sparklers.

Tonight I am so grateful for the country we live in.  I watched Music and the Spoken Word this morning and got a little teary as they sang "God Bless America."  We are so blessed to live in this wonderful country and I know that God has blessed us in so many ways.  It was a wonderful weekend full of celebrating the red, white, and blue.

2 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

I agree. We live in the greatest country on earth.
I was so patriotic in heaven..then sent me down on the 4th of July.")

Lisa said...

I'm totally jealous that you got to be in Provo for the 4th of July and I didn't, but SOMEONE had to enjoy it! I'm so glad you did. And I love, love, love your cute little, tiny tummy!!