9.23.2009

Honesty

Cute Kirsten (who just had an adorable baby boy) tagged me in the Honest Blogger Tag. Here are the rules. List ten Honest things about myself and tag 10 other bloggers who I think are honest in their blogging.

So, Here are 10 Completely Honest facts about Rachel:

1. When we have kids, I really really want us to have a girl first. I want dresses and bows and pink and ballet shoes. I want an organized and responsible da
ughter to help me take care of the rest of the troop and to be my best friend. I'm afraid I'll be very sad if I find out a boy is coming. I'm just hoping the motherly instinct will kick in and I'll love a boy just as much. (ps, this is not an announcement)

2. I love dressing up for work, even though I spend my day with a bunch of kids. I often come home very dirty and with aching feet, but I think it's worth it. I love feeling like a professional and spending time to get ready for my day. I love that my kids notice what I'm wearing and compliment me occasionally.

3. Bryan is a much better cook than I am. When I have a recipe, I am usually successful. But he can just make things up that are completely delicious. Take tonight's dinner for instance:


4. I don't like animals. They smell, are dirty, have fleas, make a lot of noise, and scare little children (and me!) I wish people would spend more time helping other people than helping animals.

5. I like doing dishes. I love that my dishes can go from completely disgusting to sparkly clean in just a few minutes because of my hard work.

6. I don't shower every day. It took me a few years living in Utah to realize that this dry weather gives me the freedom to not wash my hair every day. Every once in a while, I'll just wake up, put on deoderant and a little body spray, get dressed, brush my hair, and go. These mornings are glorious, but by the end of the day I feel very wilty. (Do you not want to be around me anymore??? I'm sorry)

7. I love to decorate, but it stresses me out because of cost and making big decisions that will last for a while. For these reasons, all of the pictures that we own have been spread around the floor of our living room for the past week waiting for me to decide where and how to hang them.

8. I HATE to be late. I get an antsy and uncomfortable feeling because I know I am going to miss something important. I also hate it when other people are late, but I guess I can't change that so I'll just have to deal with it. :)

9. I don't like cake. Growing up we always had some variation for my birthday dessert: cheesecake, cookie cake, ice cream cake, etc. until I finally found a cake that I like: chocolate chip cake (perhaps I will post the recipe sometime.) I can eat minimal amounts of cake, but I get sick of it very quickly. It was almost tortuous to have to eat a whole piece of our wedding cake.

10. I love Miley Cyrus. When my family was visiting, we watched the Hannah Montana movie three times in one weekend. I definitely listen (and sing along and sometimes even dance) when no one else is around.

I tag Lisa, Judi, Shauna, Amy, Tiffany, Lindsay, Kali, Katie, Anna, and Ashley.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Aah! I will do my best. It's probably going to be really embarrassing, though. Give me a few days to think of things. Loved this post. And I cringed when I read that you hate other people being late because I know that is me! I'm so sorry, Rach!! I promise, I will be ON TIME to pick you up from the airport!

{amy k.} said...

jeff is a better cook than i am also- he does the same thing... he can pull out 5 things from the firdge and i'm thinking what in the world is he doing... but then it's delicious!

i didn't know you didn't like cake! good to know! :)

Strong Clan said...

Okay you got it, I will do my best! I love you! I miss you. I wish you were here at school to see Cami and I roll our eyes a lot this year.

Janssen said...

Awesome list. I don't like animals either. Yuck.

Tomorrow is my hair washing day. Yuck.

Shauntel said...

So I've been asking for your address for weeks so I can send you this little thank you card I have. So instead of waiting any longer, I thought I'd just thank you. :)

Thanks so much for the cute little fuzzy jumper for Annabelle. And extra thanks for coming to the shower. You are so sweet, and I'm just sorry we didn't get to chat.

Also, when you do hop on the baby making train, here's my best advice: don't find out what you're having. I wanted a girl SO BAD. I was so scared of having a boy. I decided that if I didn't know either way, I could just be happy. And I knew that whatever came out I would love.

Luckily, it came out Annabelle. :)