7.06.2012

Five

Today is our fifth anniversary.  So today we're doing the Friday Five: Marriage Edition

1. In five years we have earned 3 degrees, had 7 jobs, moved 2 times, been to 4 states, bought a car and a house (not at the same time), and had a baby!

2. In many things we are complete opposites- he is tall and I am short, he thinks things through and I am very impulsive, he likes vanilla and I like chocolate, he hates to shop and I love it, he loves to camp and I tolerate it, he prefers Mexican and I prefer Italian, he's from a family of all boys and I'm from an almost all-girl family, he likes to get messy outside, and I like to make messes inside

3. But there are a few important things that we are in perfect agreement on- Sunday night treats are a necessity, the beach is the best place to vacation, pets are an unnecessary evil, and Jilly is the cutest girl ever.

4. We have spent approximately 15 weeks apart (not consecutively.)  Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

5. We're so lucky to have had these 5 years together and many, many more to come!


4 comments:

Shauna said...

Happy anniversary to the perfect couple!

Kathryn Story said...

wow, I cannot believe it's been five years! happy anniversary!!

Jenna said...

Happy anniversary Rachel! :) (I can't believe you think pets are an unnecessary evil, although my hubby would agree with you) :)

Steph said...

Congratulations! 5 years is a big one :)