6.15.2011

Hair Bows

Before we left, I rushed to complete lots of projects including some new hair bows for Jilly (as if she didn't already have enough...)  These seemed easy and cute, so I made them with my own little twist.  I made all of mine different sizes, but my favorite size (the pink one on Jilly) was 3" x 3 1/2".

{Sorry for a naked model- we were busy packing and crafting so things like getting dressed took a back seat.}

Instead of sewing only around 3 sides like the tutorial says, I sewed around the whole thing except for about an inch on one side.  It was still easy to pull through and then the corners looked more even.


After pulling through I topstitched over the whole bow then twisted it and used floral wire to keep it tight.  I wasn't in love with the wire being visible so I cut a little strip about 1 inch wide and 2ish inches long and ironed the edges in so it looked nice.  Then I hot glued the strip around the middle.  (I hope that makes sense, I meant to take pictures during this step but it didn't happen, sorry.)

Finished bows

0 comments: