1.04.2017

Books of 2016

Turns out having three kids keeps me pretty busy. ;)  I felt like I had finally gotten back on my feet and then it was Christmas and I was knocked back down again.  I haven't been able to catch my breath since October, but I am so, so happy in all my sleep-deprived busyness.  I'm determined to upload all my pictures and get caught up here, so I'll start with an easy post- what I've been reading.  Not an impressive list here, but I'm learning to let a lot of things go and know that one day I'll be back.

22. East of Eden by John Steinback - It took me a full year to get through (I had to return it and then wait on the hold list to get it again and finish) but I really love this classic.

23. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne, and John Tiffany - Definitely missing many elements of a true Harry Potter book, but I still enjoyed reading it.

Eligible by Curtis Sittenfield - I was so excited for this book, but I only made it 1/4 of the way through before quitting.  She made the classic characters from one of my most-loved stories sleazy and terribly annoying.

24. When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi - I loved this so much when I read it in March that I listened to it again for Book Club in September.

25. The Naked Lady who Stood on Her Head by Gary Small - This is a compilation of stories from a psychiatrist, really funny and fascinating.

26. Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty - Not my favorite of hers, but definitely entertaining.

27. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead by Tom Stoppard - I slogged through this (even though it's super short!) in the first few weeks after Livvy was born.  Not my favorite at all.

28. The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly - This was an excellent middle-grade book; Calpurnia is so endearing and a terrific character for girls to meet.

29. Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary - So fun to read with my girls.  We've now moved onto Ramona the Pest and are hoping to read the whole series in 2017!

Second Quarter Books here
First Quarter Books here

0 comments: