4.29.2009

Catch Up

Oh geez. This is what happens when life gets busy. I get so far behind on blogging then get too overwhelmed to catch up. I know that you've been checking daily hoping that there is a new, exciting, and brilliant post waiting for you and I'm trying not to let you down.

I made a bargain with myself that if I finished all my grading I would get to post. If my camera cord hadn't decided to stay longer in Virginia (not that I blame it one bit) I would show you a picture of the pile. Let's just say it was about 2 dm, which equals 20 cm, which equals 200 mm (we've been doing metrics) thick. But, I finally made it through, and you are getting the post you've been craving.

Virginia greeted me with the most beautiful Spring Flowers and the most Wonderful People in the world. I played multiple games of tee-ball with Ty and Luna (our choc. lab who won MVP for being the best outfielder.) I applauded Bethany's grace and beauty at her Dance Recital. I watched approximately 8 hours of Gilmore Girls with Leslie. I had my teeth cleaned by the fabulous and talented Dr. Anderson. And, my greatest achievement of the trip, wonderful Mom and I made a quilt! It is very small, and probably not something worth passing along to the great-grandkids, but it's a start, and we had so much fun working on it.

I came home just in time to welcome Bryan's parents. It was a week full of big and wonderful events- taking Chad through the temple for the first time, watching Bryan strut across the stage to receive his diploma (yes, he strutted,) eating as much as we possibly could at Tucanos, shopping for mission materials, and playing an intense round of miniature golf (Bry and I tied in 1st place, and Michael and Sherrie tied in 2nd place.) It was sad to see them go, especially because they took away our favorite neighbor Chad. But we're excited for another Martinez reunion in June.

Now it's back to real life. Summer is calling my name- five weeks and counting! Until then, I'll enjoy every minute I get with my cute and funny kids. For example, they just took a test on Probability, and the last question asked the students to give an example of something that is likely to happen tomorrow. Kollin wrote on his test, "me looking hansum." Yes, they'll keep my life exciting and fresh until May 30 when I am once again free.

3 comments:

{amy k.} said...

looking hansum- too cute!

Can't wait to see you guys in June!

Lisa said...

Love it! I hope your cord makes it back soon because I want pictures!

Suzie Soda said...

Glad you had fun at home. I am looking forward to Lindsay coming for several weeks. We had alot of fun last summer. xoxoxo