6.10.2011

Skirts

I'm not sure if it was Pinterest, Kayla's skirts, or the fact that I am in love with my sewing machine these days but I got a major itching to make a skirt this Spring.  Luckily, my friend Emily is a skirt-making pro and was willing to be my patient teacher.  Miranda joined in on the fun as well.

Emily had a skirt already that we liked so she just made up a pattern from that skirt (the girl is a genius.)  It took a lot more time than we had planned, but we had so much fun picking fabric, measuring, cutting, stitching, ripping stitches out, and stitching again.  We made them with elastic waistbands which made our lives much easier.  Miranda and I weren't planning on being twinners but we both loved the fabric.  Plus, we thought it would be exhilarating to wonder every time we wore the skirt if the other was going to show up in it as well.

We debuted our skirts at our Relief Society Garden Party (lovingly called "Relief Society Prom" by Miranda because of the extensive planning and decorating that went into the event.)  I'm pretty sure everyone was jealous of us.

{Miranda, Emily, Me}

We already have plans in the works for our next skirt and I'm so excited!!

3 comments:

Jana said...

cute cute cute! does she have the pattern somewhere to share :)

kali said...

cuuute! I wish I knew how to use a sewing machine!

Suzie Soda said...

Very cute. I made up a pattern with Chloe and sewed Gigi's and Evie's and helped Coco sew her own. I think it would work just fine for a big girl too. I need to make some for my girls someday. Your are very cute..love the wide elastic. xoxo