1.16.2012

Home Tour

I haven't posted many pictures of our house because it feels like nothing is perfectly the way I want it.  But, I suppose imagining up our next project is a big part of the fun, and our house will surely never be perfectly the way I want it.  These days I am loving my very talented friend Kirsten's design blog 6th Street Design SchoolYoung House Love (they live in Richmond!), and decorating ideas from Pinterest.  It's fun to get ideas and see pictures of amazing homes then see how we can make these ideas our own and stay within our itty bitty budget.

I want to start posting pictures of our home despite the fact that it will always be a work in progress.  To start out, here's our little eating area.  I already posted about my yellow stripes, but here is the finished area.


My mom gave me the placemats and napkins at my bridal shower (they're from Crate and Barrel.)  We got that amazing pitcher for our wedding and it broke a couple months ago but I love it so much that I superglued all the pieces back together.  Bryan really wanted a tall table for his long legs; the only problem is that I can't sew there because my feet don't reach the foot pedal!  Our fancy bar stool is from Ikea (there's another one that was in use somewhere else in the house when I took this picture.)  The print in the middle was another wedding gift that we love.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I can't wait to see the rest of your home!! You guys are doing a fantastic job! What a happy kitchen. I love the yellow stripes. Nice work!

Unknown said...

such a cute little eating area! I'm excited to see the rest of the house!

JP and Steph said...

JP and I have been in our house 5 years and it is still a work in progress! I will come up with new decorating ideas all the time. That is what is fun though to change things up every now and then! Rearranging furniture is something I enjoy too.

Katie said...

Very cute!

Suzie Soda said...

Very cute Rach...you are doing a good job. xoxo