9.13.2012

from the library

Last week Janssen, Merrick, and Landen all posted their library books as part of their Sisters Share it All Series.  It was fun to see what books they all were currently reading.  Then that same week I was denied a book at the library for the first time because I had already reached my limit (30 books, which is quite low if you ask me.)  So I thought it was a good time to scrounge up all those library books and see what we have.  I returned a big pile of books so I could start checking out again so this is my current stash.

My Books
 The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley,   I actually first heard about this series on Merrick's library list; it sounded like one I would like so I picked up the first book.  I haven't gotten very far, but so far so good.
The Scorch Trials by James Dashner,   Bry and I listened to The Maze Runner and half of The Scorch Trials on our Disneyland drive, but I am struggling to finish listening and I highly doubt I will ever read the others.
These is my Words by Nancy E. Turner,   This has been on my "to-read" list for years after hearing so many great reviews.  I'm thrilled to finally be enjoying this brilliant book.
Thunderstruck by Erik Larson,   Erik Larson is a genius.  His research is meticulous, and I love all the fascinating details he incorporates in his books.  This takes place in early 20th Century London (think Downton) and it parallels the lives of Guglielmo Marconi (inventor of the radio) and Dr. Hawley Harvey Crippen.  I haven't returned it to the library yet because Bryan is hoping to read it.
In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson,   Another Erik Larson book, this one takes place in Hitler's Germany.  I haven't started it yet though.

Jilly's Books
Babies on the Go by Linda Ashman
Quack! by Phyllis Root
Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs!  by Sandra Boynton (I'm trying really hard to give Sandra Boynton a chance)
Sleepyhead by Karma Wilson and John Segal
Ladybug Girl Makes Friends by David Soman (oh we love Ladybug Girl)
One Red Sun by Ezra Jack Keats
Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom by Anna Dewdney
Baby, I love you by Karma Wilson
Can't you sleep Dotty?  by Tim Warnes
Hippopposites by Janik Coat (very cool opposites book)
T is for Taj Mahal: An India Alphabet by Varsha Vajaj (I love these alphabet books, and our Indian friend is coming to dinner this week and I thought he'd enjoy this)
Mouse Count by Ellen Stoll Walsh

DVD's
Elmo's Music Magic
Mickey's Adventures in Wonderland
Elmo's Bye-Bye, Pacifier! Elmo and Mickey Mouse are heroes around here

7 comments:

kali said...

That is insane that they only let you have 30 books! I think we have like 40 just for Jenna! She's a bit of a book hoarder...

Unknown said...

Great stack of books! I'm glad you're liking the Flavia DeLuce series...I'm on #3 and think theyre so fun and clever, and the narrator is fabulous.

Thanks for linking up!

Suzie Soda said...

READING ROCKS FOR ALL AGES! xoxo

Suzie Soda said...

READING ROCKS FOR ALL AGES! xoxo

Suzie Soda said...

READING ROCKS FOR ALL AGES! xoxo

The Daytons said...

I was not impressed with the Maze Runner series after the first book and a half either:( I finished but it was super hard for me to and I did skip around a bit. Thanks for the great book reviews, I'm excited to check some of these out:)

Janssen said...

I hope you love These is My Words!