7.02.2012

weekend

Last week was kind of crazy around here.  Tuesday- I accidentally locked my keys in the car and Bryan was at a work conference so I had to call AAA to let me in my car.  Wednesday- the great burn catastrophe, Thursday- we took the Camry in to have something fixed (I honestly have no clue, vehicles are 100% Bryan's domain) Friday- Jilly runs into a corner and gets her first goose egg on her forehead, and a crayon *melts in her car seat.  I realize that may not sound like a lot, but compared to our usually rather calm and boring life, it was eventful and a little exhausting.  We were ready for a fun weekend.

First up was Bryan finding out that he PASSED his P.E. Exam!!  He's now an official engineer and I am so proud of him.  It's great to have this hurdle behind us.

(Bryan rides his bike to work so I almost never see him in his real work clothes- hopefully they're not too wrinkly when he gets there!)

Next up was the wedding!  We drove out to Dillon Beach, and although it was very foggy it wasn't too cold.  It was a lovely ceremony, and a very fun reception afterward.  Jilly had a blast running around with the other kids, and we enjoyed the delicious food (except for the oyster that Bryan made me try- blech!)

We headed back to Bryan's parents for the night and had a relaxing Sunday with them.  We have a very, very busy next few weeks so let the fun begin!

*If you should find yourself in this predicament, scrape off all the crayon that you can then make a baking soda paste and rub it on the stain.  It will take a lot of rubbing (very sore fingers) but it really works- nice new trick to now have in my repertoire!

2 comments:

Kristen Fitzgerald & Trevor Martinez said...

Congrats to Bryan!! That is an awesome accomplishment. Second I felt really bad after I read about Jilly’s 1st goose egg because I think Kirra is on her 12th and I hate to admit I might be responsible for half of them. And Last, I love love love the dress you wore to the wedding. So cute. Sure wish we could have been there.

Jenna said...

Super cute dress you wore to the wedding, I love it!