7.09.2012

Camping

As I've mentioned before, I'm not a huge camper but this trip turned out very fun.  We spent two days at Bear River Lake with Bryan's parents and his brother Chad.  Unlike her mother, Jillian was born to camp.  She loved running around in the dirt all day and collecting rocks and sticks.  I was super stressed about the nights because Jilly is such a bad sleeper, but she slept like a champ, mostly between Bry and I in the "H is for you-know-what" position.  Jilly slept great; Bryan and I - not so much .  But, all in all, it was a success and I just may be convinced to camp again.

It was chilly up there and somehow Jilly's pants didn't make it in the bag but luckily I did pack extra jammies so she wore these as pants

Uncle Chad's rock towers were a huge hit

 peach cobbler = my very favorite thing about camping

lots of time to relax and practice funny faces with daddy


hello world's largest pinecone

perhaps if she didn't have to wear that pesky life vest Jilly would love the canoe, but I guess we'll never know



we're just a little concerned about where this favorite activity could lead



We made it!  This is in the morning right before we left to go home

1 comments:

Shauna said...

I like camping for the most part (definitely don't love it), but I have no desire to go camping with kids. It just seems so hard! You're much braver than I am!