5.06.2010

I could get used to this

Today I came home to not just one but two packages in my mailbox! 


My mom sent me a ring with my initials on it.  I have one with my old initials (RLA) on it and I wear it occasionally, but it's so much more exciting to have one with my real name on it! 

My in-laws sent me a Happy Mother-to-be Day card (didn't even know those existed!) and  Pres. Uchtdorf's book and a baby rattle.  I get so excited every time we get something for the baby because it makes it seem so real.

For those kind people who were wondering how I'm feeling, I'm doing great.  I'm so lucky that I really haven't been too sick.  For the first month of my pregnancy I had a student teacher so I sat at the back of the room observing and eating crackers.  When she left I survived mostly due to collapsing on the couch every afternoon when I got home.  And then it became Popcorn Fundraiser Time.  For the past 2 weeks I've had to pop popcorn and put it in little bags for my students to sell at lunch.  You know that smell that overwhelms you every time you walk into a movie theater?  Well that's my classroom.  Every day.  And, you may think that would be fabulous, but when every smell is magnified a hundredfold it's not fabulous at all.  In fact, it's miserable.  But, I am happy to announce that today was my last day of popcorn.  I scrubbed the popcorn machine, vacuumed, swept, and wiped every counter and I'm crossing my fingers that the smell is completely gone tomorrow.

I hope your Thursday was as good as mine! 

5 comments:

Shauntel said...

Oh my goodness! I just got caught up on my Google Reader - congratulations! I am so unbelievably excited for you!

That is one lucky little baby - you will be such an amazing momma.

P.S. I think I'd die if I had to be pregnant and smell popcorn every day. I often wished for a room with absolutely no smells when I was pregnant. What a dream! :)

Rachel {La Familia Pearson} said...

I agree with the above comment. When I was pregnant with Emily, I used to wish classes would be canceled all the time, just so I could be outside away from all the smells. Jeremy used to call it my super power. :)
Good Luck! Glad the popcorn days are over for you. Have a good week!

Vanessa said...

What a loving and hard-working teacher you are! So glad that you haven't been too sick. I had a really hard time getting through my first trimester and teaching every day. I admire your dedication to your students and I hope that your pregnancy continues to go so well!

tracy said...

So, in a mischievous mood, i said to myself, "Let's go visit Rachel and see what she's reading."

Good stuff.

Some ideas of excellent books

"Autobiograpy of an Execution" by David Dow Soooooo good. About a Defense Attorney with death row clients, who actually cares about his work. <3

"House Rules" Jodi Picoult Having a son with AS made this Picoult novel especially meaningful to me.

Anything by Yasmina Khadra

Anything by Atul Gwande, MD <3

tracy said...

..........so, who am i, anyway???

Best with the pregnancy! :)