9.20.2013

five things

1. At 5am on Thursday I found Jilly standing next to my bed.  "Mommy, I NEED a Dora bandaid."  This was the seventh time I had been wakened since retiring at midnight and I was not happy.  I stumbled to the hall closet and got a bandaid for the invisible wound then not very nicely said, "I am going to be a very, very mean mom if you do not stay quiet for the next two hours and let me sleep."  It should shock no one that Jilly insisted on getting in bed with us.  I left under the pretense of checking on Mattie and found a safe haven in Jilly's bed where I got my last two peaceful hours of sleep.  (In her defense, Jilly wasn't the only reason for my unrestful night, Mattie and a dying battery in a smoke alarm were also culprits.)

2. When Bryan got home Tuesday night he could tell I needed a little breather (very astute man) so he sent me off to the store alone.  When I came home both girls had freshly painted blue nails.  I think all the girliness in our house is finally getting to him!


3.  We used to go to the grocery store early in the morning with all the other moms and kids.  But Jilly naps later (if at all) now and Mattie likes her beauty rest in the mornings so we often don't make it til closer to noon.  Turns out, this is when all the elderly folks do their shopping which is very advantageous when your two year old likes to gallop down the aisles waving her arms and singing "I'm flapping my wings!"  The kind elderly folks all smile and tell me how cute she is, and I'm sure they're counting their lucky stars that they don't have to take her home with them.

4.  After a lovely fall weekend in Utah I complained to Bryan, "I'm not ready to go back to summer."  But Sacramento surprised me with beautiful fall-ish weather this week that we have been basking in.  Pleasepleaseplease let it be here to stay.

5.  I read this excellent talk this week. I love the idea that we all need daily bread to keep us going.  There's also a video here that has highlights from the talk.


Happy Weekend!  We have an excellent weekend that includes a visit from my Dad!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Love that picture of Mattie in her Bumbo--so adorable!
Can't believe Bryan painted their nails! So adorable. Tell him if he's ever in need of guy time, he's welcome to come hang out with the Schader men anytime. Although Blake does like to carry my purse, so...
Have so much fun with your dad this weekend!