3.29.2013

five on friday

1. A new Chick fil A opened nearby us this week.  Jilly and I may or may not have gone there for lunch and dinner on Opening Day. 

2. While on a walk this week we ran into a neighbor we don't know very well.  She said, "You're pregnant?  Either that or you have a large tumor."  For a minute I was speechless at this awkward statement then I pulled myself together and assured her that I am pregnant and not carrying around a 15 lb tumor on my abdomen.  

3. Over Christmas the top button on my phone got stuck and stopped working.  At first it drove me crazy then I just got used to it.  This week I finally took it in to an Apple store and 15 minutes later I left with a free brand new phone.  How lovely.

4. We've had lots of fun getting ready for Easter this week.  We made and decorated yummy sugar cookies, made a bunny mask similar to this one, printed and played this matching game, and have had many, many egg hunts.  If Jilly were to have any egg hunting competition she would dominate, but instead she'll enjoy her last year hunting solo.

5. I've been reading Toilet Training in Less Than a Day and the illustrations circa 1972 have been quite entertaining.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Need I comment again that Wisconsin doesn't have a single Chick Fil A? Ugh. I would certainly celebrate a new opening by us! Glad you got to go twice in one day :)

What an awkward comment from your neighbor! Ha ha, maybe she was trying to be funny/clever? Gotta love all the comments/unsolicited advice you get while pregnant or with little kids!

Suzie Soda said...

So glad you got the book....I know it must seem hilarious. But it does work. Somethings never change...like plumbing :) hahahah! All my 5 kids day trained in 1 day. The girls night trained qui
ckly..the boys were not quite so fast at night but I hear that is heriditary.....on the dad's side :)

Your mom gave a good talk in church today. She talked about some ole timers that lived here in days past..It is hard to believe we have all lived here so long....you guys longer than us. Who would have ever though. xoxo