5.03.2011

Chopped

What dish would you make if you had to include

brown sugar,
 mango,

and jicama?

Last night we did our own version of the tv show Chopped.  Each couple provided an ingredient, then we had an hour to make something using all ingredients and anything else we wanted to add.  I was skeptical at first, but it turned out very fun and delicious!

The Yagers made mango and jicama muffins with the most AMAZING homemade caramel sauce on top (seriously, I had to restrain myself from eating spoonfuls of it.)


The Clements made mango and jicama slaw.  They won best presentation, it was almost too beautiful to eat!
 (That is our baby in case you were getting confused)


And we made stir fry with chicken, mango, zucchini, onion, jicama, and mushrooms.  And by we I mean Bryan because even though I am usually successful at following a recipe I am terrible at creating my own and Bryan excels in this field.  I was in charge of chopping the vegetables and presentation (which you can see I completely failed at- although delicious, stir fry is not very visually appealing.)

It was a very fun night and we can't wait to do it again!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Such a fun idea! p.s. I've been a total blog loser for the past several (approximately 6.5) weeks, so I'm just catching up. Oh, how I've missed your blog!

Jana said...

Hey I know Miranda!! What a small world :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE the show Chopped! What a fun date night idea!!

Miranda and Tommy said...

Found your blog! woohoo! That was way fun. We really should do it again and make a recipe book of all of these recipes. I hope you guys can remember all the stuff you put in that sauce, cuz it was super tasty.