2.19.2016

Five on Friday

1. On Tuesday I met up with my mom to get my kids back.   It was a very nice weekend break but I was missing my girls!  We met at the Ikea in Potomac Mills, which is exactly halfway between us. We were so happy that Katie and baby Joey came too, and we got the cutest cousins picture!


2.  On Tuesday and Thursday afternoons Mattie usually takes a nap so Jilly and I get some time together.  Since I'm constantly aware of the clock ticking away toward kindergarten (wahh!) I've been trying to really savor my time with her, which usually means playing Chutes and Ladders, practicing reading, and making banana bread whenever she asks.



3.  After all the salt and snow our black van was looking awful so I drove through a car wash and the girls thought it was the best thing ever.  Jilly asked if we could go to the car wash every day now (not likely since it cost $9!)

4. Bryan's great-grandma passed away a year and a half ago but when I was looking through BYU Magazine this week I noticed that they had included her death in the most recent issue, and she was the oldest alum on the list.



5.  Before our trip Bryan told a co-worker that I wanted to go to the Empire State Building because of Sleepless in Seattle.  Somehow word spread around and everyone started joking with him that we were going to NY to recreate movies.  When he got back to work on Tuesday, this picture was on his desk.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Yes!! I'm so glad I got to see the Sleepless in Seattle photo! So hilarious!
p.s. Can we not even talk about kindergarten?!?! *heart breaking*