8.28.2015

five on friday

one | I was running out of memory on my computer so I went through all my old pictures to save them to an external hard drive.  In addition to drooling over pictures of my sweet newborn babies I realized that two kids is WAY easier than one (at least at this stage.)  I loved the days that I spent with just Jilly and me, but looking back at pictures reminded me how exhausting it could be to entertain her all day.  It's so nice to have two girlies to play together and keep each other company.


two | Have you seen this video?  It's perfect, and hits a little close to home.  #cfaforlife


three | I feel like Jilly is on the cusp of becoming a big kid.  She's so excited for preschool to start in a couple weeks and loves practicing writing and sounding out words.  But I'm so glad she's still little enough to dress up in her Cinderella dress and gloves and ask me to put a bun in her hair.  


four | It's been an especially two-year-old week for Mattie Claire.  She's made messes and thrown tantrums and refused to nap for a couple days (thankfully that seems to be over now) and insisted on wearing her Minnie nightgown out and about on many occasions.   ¡Ay de mi!



five | This has been kind of a weird week for me.  On Monday one of my close friends got some horrible health news and I've been so, so sad about it.  I've been running around super busy, but the whole time I've felt like my brain is in a haze, and I'm often on the brink of tears.   Sometimes the world seems just too sad and scary, I'm so grateful for God's plan and the peace it brings.


Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Cute pictures! I love seeing how close your girls are :) So sorry to hear about your friend :( Life can be so scary. It's amazing how emotions can take over and blur your whole week. I hope that things get better soon!

Kristen Fitzgerald & Trevor Martinez said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. I'm here for us if you need to talk. I miss the girls! Looks like there will be one more Martinez girl on the way 😊

Katie said...

Sorry to hear about your friend!

As I think about adding a little girl to my family in January I often think about your sweet girls in their dresses all the time (even while camping) and think my world is about to change! I bought my little girl's first dress tonight. Here we go!