12.06.2013

five things

1. On Monday I noticed Baby Jesus was missing from our nativity.  When I asked her about it Jilly said she hid him from the "scary guys" (wisemen.)  I thought perhaps this was a good time to remind her of the true Nativity story.  I delegated to Bryan and he pulled out all the stops.  I'm sure Mary and Joseph were quite grateful when Snow White offered them the stable behind her pink palace.


2.  The Sound of Music is my favoritefavoritefavorite movie ever so I was excited for last night's live version.  Bryan, no doubt, appreciated me singing along and noting every single discrepancy from the original.  (At one point he asked, "did you do anything else as a child besides watch this movie?")  I enjoyed it, but even though Carrie Underwood has an amazing voice, she's no Julie Andrews. 

3. Jilly was bald until she turned one so I'm at a loss with Mattie's baby hair.  It keeps growing long in random places and I don't have the heart to cut it.  For example: see long wispy above her left ear.  Someone please stage an intervention.

4. Speaking of Mattie, on a scale of 1-10 how lame is it for us to just give her batteries for Christmas so she can make full use of Jilly's old toys?

5. It is suddenly freezing cold here.  We may even get some snow on Saturday (slight slight slight chance but we'll take it.)  And, of course my California girl wouldn't dream of covering her outfits with a coat; she'd rather get frostbite.

Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

Shauntel said...

It's like two degrees here. And Belle STILL won't put on her coat! That Jilly is not alone! :)

Kristen Fitzgerald & Trevor Martinez said...

Haha. I think Martinez parents think alike. Trevor and I seriously just had a conversation about giving Knox batteries for Christmas and wrapping some if Kira's old toys. I think it's a good idea. Batteries are expensive.

Lisa said...

Laughed so hard at #1!! You're my favorite blogger ever, Rach. :) yes to batteries, yes to Mattie being adorable, and I'm so jealous you got to watch Sound of Music. I told Amanda to record it for me. Tell Bryan he's lucky I wasn't there. I went to Saltzburg and visited a lot of the places from the movie so he would've had to listen to me ramble about all the places I went. My whole family consequently refuses to watch that movie with me anymore.