11.18.2013

Birthday-ing

It's a little much to have one daughter turn 3 then the other daughter turn 6 months 2 days later.  It was a week of celebrating and a lot of sweet-eating.

On Monday night we went to Chuck E Cheese with Jilly's friend Kylie who also has a birthday in November.  The girls had fun playing games- and so did the dads.  Bryan hit the jackpot on one of the games and got 200 tickets.  Jilly was so excited as they kept coming and coming and coming.

On her birthday morning Jilly opened a few gifts and we had pancakes.  We gave her these chairs (from Ikea) to go with her little table.  I must admit these were kind of a gift for me since she loves to sit there and play by herself.


The thing Jilly wanted most for her birthday was to go to the park with her friends and have them sing to her and eat cupcakes.  Done and done.  We made these rainbow cupcakes and had so much fun with our friends.

 In the afternoon Jilly got to skype with her Gigi and Grandpa and open their presents.  She also got to facetime with her aunts and her Nana and got lots of texts from other family members.  When Bryan got home we went to "Chick-A-Way" and then sang once again and ate cake.  My friend had an Aurora cake topper she let me borrow, but cake decorating is absolutely not one of my talents.  I got frustrated and gave up and Bryan fixed it up a bit when he got home.  Jilly was happy and that's all that matters.

 Friday was Mattie's half birthday, and conveniently we still had half of the Aurora cake left.  We put a little candle in it, sang, and helped her blow it out.  Then we all ate cake and Mattie ate squash- yum.

We love these girlies of ours.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Way impressed with the cake. Definitely cooler than anything I'd ever attempt. Love those cupcakes! I need to make those for Blake's birthday again. And by "again," I mean Hayley made them for me the first time. :)