11.21.2012

lately

Sorry for dark and blurry pictures, most of these were taken with my phone at the spur of the moment.

One night I hid myself in the craft room to get some work done.  I took a break to check on Bryan and Jilly and found them inside her new birthday tent munching on popcorn and watching Angelina Ballerina.  I was a little bit jealous.

I somehow convinced Bryan to go shopping with me.  Luckily he found one of these huge, terribly obnoxious carts and he and Jilly were in heaven.
 Jilly's friend Kylie came over and while here her cute little ponytail fell out.  I fixed it for her then asked Jilly if she'd like a ponytail as well.  She agreed, and it made my day.
Bryan works with two other guys who also have kids that turned 2 this month.  We had a little birthday party for them and this was the best picture we could get of Jilly, Kylie, and Dev.
For her birthday, Jilly got an easel with a white board.  One day I was talking on the phone and turned around to see this masterpiece Jilly had created on the wall.  Luckily, the dry erase marker came off perfectly with a magic eraser.
Jilly and I have a new morning tradition of drinking a cup of hot cocoa together.  I love hearing her ask for her "toto."
I have to choose my words very carefully in the morning.  If I say "let's get dressed" Jillian gets so excited to put on her favorite dress.  If I oblige, she spins around in the mirror admiring herself.  If I don't oblige, there are many, many tears.  I'm learning to say "let's put our clothes on" instead.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Just when I thought Jilly couldn't get ANY cuter, you put her in a ponytail and it looks SOOOO cute! Seriously--I love it!