8.29.2012

Three Summer Recipes

I have a love/hate relationship with cooking in the summer.  I love all the fresh fruits and vegetables, but I hate wasting play time in a blazing kitchen.  These are 3 recipes that we love, and that make frequent appearances at our table.

1. Southwestern Chopped Chicken Salad
recipe and picture found here 
One night Bryan came home from work and declared it was the perfect night for a picnic.  I had already made this salad, and it was perfect to throw in a tupperware container and take to the park.  It was one of my favorite nights of the summer.


2. Garlic Chicken Pasta with Spinach

recipe and picture found here
This has been one of my favorite ways to use up our basil.  I am really loving the lemon/basil combo these days.

3. Southwest Pasta Salad
recipe and picture found here 
There are a few wonderful things about this salad.  1. It has lots of vegetables,  2. It makes a lot and stores great in the fridge,  3. It's very filling; I made it for Bryan and his brothers last year before they did the Tough Mudder and they all attributed their success to me (okay, maybe not, but they did say it was the perfect pre-race meal.)

4 comments:

Emily said...

The southwestern chopped south is making my mouth water just seeing the picture! Thanks for sharing these recipes!

kali said...

I've been on the search for simple recipes lately. These look yummy, I'm definitely going to try them!

Monica said...

These all look delish!

{amy k.} said...

these look delicious, i am pinning these recipes! :)