10.21.2010

Voices

I've heard that babies are born knowing their parents' voices already from hearing them for the past 9 months.  I'm excited that the Little Miss already knows us (and is hopefully as excited as we are for the reunion!)  I'm very pleased that she will also know the glorious voice of Jim Dale.


This past month I've listened to 2 books read by Dale.  Peter and the Starcatchers was a fun and exciting story.  It was written by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson so of course it was going to be a winner.  And, I re-listened to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in preparation for the movie next month.  It had been a while since I read a Harry Potter book and I had forgotten how funny and well-written they are.   I am now so very excited for the movie.  My sister called me yesterday to report that she has already gotten her ticket for the movie and is planning her costume.  She was very concerned about our movie-watching plans.  I assured her that while a midnight show is not in our future, we will definitely see the movie.  If baby is the quiet kind of baby she will get to join us for her first movie (lucky girl), or if she is not the quiet kind of baby we have already requested Grandma's babysitting services.  

So many exciting things in one month- a baby and a Harry Potter movie.  I hardly know what to do with myself!

2 comments:

Suzie Soda said...

I am getting excited for you. Love the pictues of your parents......very cute. Post the baby's room on here..did I miss it? xoxo

Judi said...

I love taking newborns to movies, they just nurse (or drink a bottle) and sleep. It is a really fun date.