1.21.2010

Birthday- one month late

I had a fabulous 24th birthday while we were at home for Christmas. Because of the avid social lives of my teenage sisters, we spread my birthday festivities over a few days. Out to dinner one night, my activity choice (going to Agecroft Hall) one day, and cake/presents another day. Most people only get one day a year, but I was the birthday girl for 3 whole days this year- wonderful!

The most comical moment of my birthday celebrations was when I was opening my presents. I opened the gifts from my parents, sisters, and grandparents and then there weren't any left. I was thinking, "Okay Bryan, I know we talked about not spending as much this Christmas, but nothing? Really nothing?" (Yes, I can be just a little bit selfish...) Then my sisters asked if I was ready for Bryan's present and I said "of course!" Jenn, Leslie, and Bethany immediately started stripping, removing jackets, skirts, and sweatshirts to reveal my new outfit: a skirt, shirt, and necklace. It was so funny. I should have known Bryan had something up his sleeve. His presents are always so exciting, half because of what he got and half because of how he wraps it.

{ Bethany wearing my necklace, Jenn in the shirt, and Leslie in the skirt }

4 comments:

Katie said...

Clever wrapping, that is for sure!

Suzie Soda said...

What a cute idea and cute husband for thinking it up.
Love all your new stuff. xoxoxoxo

Lisa said...

haha, so cute!!

Nicole said...

Hey Rach! My old email address for you doesn't work. Have you seen the London blog? Annelisa made it.

http://byulondon2006.blogspot.com/

Miss you! Love your blog!