11.07.2009

November

At 7:00 this morning my alarm went off so that I could make it to my 7:30 Step Class at the gym. My body requested more time in my warm, cozy bed and I kindly acquiesced. At 7:45 I realized the gym class wasn't happening but I needed some way to exercise so I decided to go for a run.

This morning was the perfect mix of chilliness and bright sunshine that only November can bring. The few colors that are left on the trees were shining brilliantly, and the rest of the colors on the ground provided me immense crunching pleasure as I ran. The air had the crisp smoky smell of Autumn.

Whoever decided Thanksgiving should be in November was a genius, because how can you not feel thankful when you are living November?

Then I came home and turned on Christmas music. . . because November also means 'tis the season!


I did not take this picture- I did not have a camera on hand during my run nor am I capable of photography of this caliber, but I wanted you to have a small portion of the experience nonetheless.

4 comments:

Jana said...

Man I miss those crisp morning runs during the fall in Utah! And you better believe I have my Nsync Christmas album on as we speak :)

Hope you both are doing great!!!

Kirsten Krason said...

Beautiful picture. I love fall in Utah but fall in Virginia is not half bad either.

Strong Clan said...

I wish I were able to run, these mornings are my favorite!
And PS don't get the flu. Twice stinks :-(

Judi said...

beautiful. I love fall in Provo. It is the best.