5.04.2009

I'm so funny

Today is Bryan's 25th and a half birthday- definitely an occasion that required celebration. So I swung by Day's Market on the way home from school for a killer half birthday surprise. I didn't have a lot of time (or money for that matter) so I felt very befuddled as I perused the aisles. And then I came to the candy aisle. And then I came up with my most brilliant idea ever. What better half birthday present than half of all your favorite candy bars? So I grabbed the candy and broke them in half in the car (I may or may not have eaten a couple of the extra halves.)

I came home and put the candy bar halves in a cute little bag and presented my offering to my favorite 25 1/2 year old. I could tell he was really excited and surprised, but when he opened my package I didn't get the exact result I had anticipated.

"What??? Where is the rest?"

By this time I was laughing so hard at my brilliance I barely noticed his disappointment. "They're half candy bars for your half birthday!" Apparently, the only thing better than getting half candy bars on your half birthday is getting whole candy bars.

The good news is that Bryan is really excited for his whole 26th birthday in November!

5 comments:

Strong Clan said...

What candy bar was it? And Will and I laughed really hard at this. Cute!

Lisa said...

Haha, I think you're way funny!!

Judi said...

That is so cute! Creative too! Hey, random question...is there any chance in heck bryan would be available on next thursday at 4 to come and talk to my scouts about engineering? I can't find any one who will...ha ha, getting desperate! Let me know

Kirsten Krason said...

What a great idea!! I'm totally going to do it!

Suzie Soda said...

You are a creative genius. xoxoxo