she (finally) slept through the night!
It was a very happy morning indeed.
I have spent a lot of time in my kitchen. I made:
- Baby food! Sweet potatoes, blueberries, and avocado/banana
- Strawberry Freezer Jam- hopefully it will last us all year
- These Brownies- anything named the Tim Riggins Brownie is bound to be amazing
- Cake Mix Cookies- with butterscotch chips
- Chicken Pillows- I've made a version of these before with pre-made crescent rolls, but the homemade rolls made all the difference
- Southwest Pasta Salad- I could eat this every day, all summer long
When I wasn't in the kitchen, I was usually watching The Kennedy's on netflix. Love love love love it.
And, we did take some time to chill at the pool.
Bryan's brother Chad got home from his two-year mission to Japan on Friday. We were so excited to see him again.
This morning Jillian and I arrived back in Sacramento. It's nice to be home, but oh do I miss those lovely people in VA. Now I'm trying really hard to get back in the groove here and unpack everything, remember how to cook dinner and clean a house, and perhaps figure out what time it is (I woke up at 4am Eastern time, trekked across the country, and ended up at home at noon Pacific time. I was ready to go to bed at 2pm!) I'm in quite a funk, but nothing a Dr. Pepper and Harry Potter can't fix. :)
Many many updates to come with many many many pictures.
As part of my sister's wedding gift, I put together a book of recipes from my mom, my grandma, and some of our favorites. This was an excellent time for me to do some recipe reorganization of my own as well.
I used the (free!) templates from Prudent Baby for the cover and spine. I went with yellow because we're a family of yellow-lovers but there are lots of great colors.